Thursday 14 December 2017

Uniko - Introducing BIG & BOLD Hugs & Scattered Hearts Background

Hello again, here we go with Day 3 of our introductions over at Uniko as we get ready for this month's release and today I'm sharing ideas using 2 of the new stamps, BIG & BOLD Hugs plus Scattered Hearts Large Background.  

I've 2 very similar takes using these sets and first up I'm using my Distress Oxide inks for the first time, even though I bought them about 9 months ago!!! How can I have resisted using them for so long? They really are delicious and I think I'll have to buy some more colours! 

To create this one I heat embossed the scattered heart background with Versamark ink before embossing with WOW White Pearl. I like this colour of embossing powder when using watercolour card (as I've done here) because it's slightly creamy and tones better with the cardstock.

A quick easy blend of the colours here, using Spiced Marmalade, Picked Raspberry and Peacock Feathers ... isn't that purple hue just gorgeous when you mix the the Raspberry with Peacock Feathers?


I stamped the 'Hugs' sentiment from the BIG and BOLD set and fuzzy cut (Bev, I think we could do with a matching die for this one!!). Once adhered to the inky panel I added some coordinating and clear sparkle sequins for extra interest.


Very similar design here using the Altenew Inks in different tones of teal to ink the scattered heart background. This time the 'Hugs' sentiment was heat embossed on to vellum with an additional sentiment from the set beneath. Once again I couldn't resist those sequins while they were scattered around my desk!

It's really hotting up now to release day and the schedule, with all the information you need, can be found over on the Uniko blog HERE as well as links and peeks at how my fellow teamies have worked their magic!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you'll be back tomorrow for the final day of introductions.

Sarah

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful rainbow colours and I love the teal and vellum version too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love these colorful cards - they are so bright and cheerful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic cards.
    Love the layers of colors.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your cards and love these two stamp sets ! Aren't the Oxide inks just magical to blend with their creamy consistency ? I had two for my birthday and something tells me that Santa will bring me more ! And Bev, if you read my comment, I also vote for the matching die of the "Hugs" word ! Two fabulous cards and the first one so joyful with all these delicious colours ! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of your cards are great but the rainbow one has my preference ! margessw@icloud.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and colorful background :) Lovely cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I {heart} both your cards, Sarah! The rainbow is delightful; the ombre, sooooo pretty! I agree: matching die needed for the Hugs set AND the Roses! Wouldn't that be fabulous!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both cards delight me! The rainbow and white hearts, and that gorgeous teal ombre! Fabulous work. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous colour blending! Great backdrops for the large sentiment x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.