Saturday 2 September 2017

Less is More #344

Hi There friends another week has flown by and I'm back with the details for his week's challenge at Less is More. It's the start of a new month which means we're back round to our COLOUR challenge and here's this week's Cue Card so nice and easy ...




We are delighted to welcome back Happy Little Stampers, our generous sponsor for challenges in September so do play along each week to be in with a shout of a prize! What's more Kylie, owner of HLS is our Guest Designer for this one and I'm sure she'd love a visit if you have the time. She's got a never-ending repertoire of stunning techniques to try so why not grab a brew and spend some time swooning!


I've two cards for you today and the first one uses one of my favourite stamp sets from HLS: Mix Mash with a large 'Happy' sentiment from the Everyday greetings set. The inks are Altenew and I masked the bottom section of my card base before stamping then added the 'birthday' greeting once the tape was removed. For a little added interest I stamped the happy on a stitched circle die cut and sliced the bottom off then popped it up on fun foam. 


I rarely make square cards but this greeting from Mama Elephant was just too big when die-cut from a circle to add on my normal rectangular card base. I used Zig Clear Brush pens to colour my sentiment and repeat stamped a few times. While the sentiment and card were still in place in my Misti I used Versamark ink then heat embossed the sentiment with clear embossing powder to add some extra shine. I couldn't resist matting my cardbase with lime green and royal blue papers and I think it sets off the circular greeting quite well. To finish a few coordinating enamel dots. 


That's all of my examples but do pop along to the main blog HERE where my teamies, as always, have worked their magic to provide even more inspiration. 

I hope you'll play along with us, have some fun and thanks for stopping by today.



Sarah

9 comments:

  1. I love this vibrant colour combo and you use bright colours so well, Sarah! I love the bold sentiments on both of these designs - so eye catching and fresh :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two fabulous cards, love those scripty fonts x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two gorgeous cards Sarah ! I really love this colour combo and you did wonders with it ! I really love the pattern you made with the mix mash stamp on your first card, it is really stunning and pops up beautifully on the white card ! Great design too ! And I love the big bold sentiment on your second card, it looks beautiful over your lime and blue card base ! Have a great weekend and a fabulous week !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two wonderful cards...terrific inspiration as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two beautiful birthday cards, Sarah. Love how you made the sentiment the focus. I have that Mama Elephant sentiment and I know what you mean. I also love how you coloured it. And you have the matching colour embellishments! I had the blue but not the green. Have a wonderful week. 😊 Trina xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You and bold colours are a match made in heaven. I love how you use brights and still manage to keep things CAS. Love the layered stamping on your first card, and the layering to match your sentiment on the square card looks fab! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two fantastic cards! The circle shapes in your first card look so fun, great stamping! I bet this was fun to make! Your square card is amazing -the card stock mats were a great idea for added interest. That large sentiment is a real show stopper! Love your placements of enamel dots. Have a good week! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You smashed the colour combo with that sensational first card Sarah. Must admit, I was a bit miffed when I saw you'd used those 2 stamp sets as I don't have many more than those 2 from HLS - but your card is so brilliant that I couldn't be miffed for long. Loving the wonderful blocks of colour and that gorgeous sentiment on the second card. Square cards do make a bit of a change don't they. Fab work as always xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.