Saturday 26 August 2017

Less is More #343


Hi there friends it's time to announce our latest challenge at Less is More and it's the turn of our recipe week. Here's the cue card and I can't wait to see what ideas you come up with for this one!




I've 2 cards for you this week but there's loads more inspiring and interesting creations by my fellow teamies over on the main blog HERE - We're also joined by our July winner; Viv of Daizy Mae's Crafty Blog as our guest designer so I hope you'll pop along and leave her some lovely comments this week. 


First up a little silly scene using 'Hang in There' by Stampendous. I bought this in a destash sale ages ago from Michelle Short and this is the first time it's been used! Just needed the right opportunity and my Brother in Law is celebrating a BIG birthday next month so I've got my mind set on sending him this one! The little rings are my 'real item' and they are recycled from some clothing. The images are coloured with Promarkers and there's a little wink of stella / glossy accents used for extra interest. 

It's an 'Anything Goes' week over at Addicted to Stamps and More this week so I'm heading over there with this Monkey card! 




So simple with this one and I never even knew I possessed a 'Sheep' shaped button until I went searching through that 'Must Keep for a Rainy Day' box. I cut the loop off the back that you'd sew through and added a 'thank' sentiment from Winnie & Walter (another destash item from the lovely Michelle). The kraft panel was die-cut with an inside out diagonal stitched rectangle die from MFT Die-Namics and to finish a little piece of hemp cord. 

I hope you'll feel inspired to play along and have some fun with this one. 

Thanks for calling by and I'll be back soon!


Sarah

15 comments:

  1. Two amazingly cute and fun cards, Sarah! Your brother will love his card... It will bring a big smile on his face on his big birthday! I love the scene you created and your coloring looks fab. That sheep button then... Pricelessly cute! Have a great weekend and sorry for being so MIA lately! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the funny thank ewe...:-D made me giggle. and what a great button and find

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love these quirky cards Sarah! Those monkeys look full of mischief and they are a brilliant subject matter for those difficult masculine cards. Super colouring on that one and your brother-in-law is bound o love it. But....that sheep!!!! It is such a cute and adorable button - what a find! Incredibly clever to use that as part of the sentiment too. Fabulous makes xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two fabulous cards Sarah ! I love the funny scene of your first card ! These monkeys are so cute. I especially love the hanged one with its shinny sunglasses and its bananas ! Great use of these little rings, so clever ! I also love the CAS look of your second card with this little sheep button ! It's incredible all the stuffs that we keep for "one day, I will use it !". Two amazing cards again ! Have a fabulous weekend and a great week ! Hugs. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two fabulous cards, love how you didn't know you had a sheep button!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are sooo cute, Sarah. And you got to use some of your destashed buys too. So creative to use rings as your real object on your monkey card. Your BIL is going to love it. And wow to your ewe card. I would have never guessed that was a button. Fabulous ideas. Enjoy your weekend and have a wonderful week. 😊 Trina xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't you just love finding such perfect and cute things in you stash. Perfect surprise. Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards Sarah I love the 2nd one xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both fun cards but absolutely loving the second on x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such sweet and fun cards! Love the real objects you added to both of them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two fab and fun cards especially love that cute little sheep button, isnt it amazing what we find when we start searching our stash !

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  12. That monkey card is perfect, what a great use of those rings. A great card for your brother in law I'm sure. Love those monkeys, they look like they're up to no good :D
    And what a cute little sheep button, awesome CAS card. You've been super resourceful with these two! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at ATSM, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are both such creative ideas for this week's challenge, Sarah! I love the monkeys and the scene you have created with them - the little hoops are inspired. The sheep button is just genius - CAS and fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two amazing cards yet again Sarah, how do you keep doing that lol!fab ideas with the rings and cute sheep too! Thanks for the mention also, so kind as always ;) hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.