Monday 4 November 2013

DOUBLE POST TIME

Happy Monday friends

Another speedy post from me today ... first day back at work after half term so always a bit crazy!

Need to re-charge my batteries for tomorrow so don't think I'll be crafting tonight unless it's just a little glance in my sparkly cupboard - just to make sure everything is in order! You know what I mean!!!

So I'm combining a couple of cards I made yesterday but didn't get round to posting.

The first one is another Merry Christmas penguin and checking back I think I'm on a roll - that's 5 Christmas cards back to back! Whoopie! Not enough though! I couldn't wait to have another play with my penguin stamp set from Clearly Besotted as Stephanie is sponsoring this week's Sketch Saturday Challenge it seemed a good idea to use him. I'm also entering my card at A Gem of a Challenge where the theme this week is Christmas Is Coming.



I've seen some embossing paste on a few blogs and think it looks amazing although I don't have any and don't know how to use it so I've used my snowflake embossing folder then blinged it up with some glamour dust and hope it creates a similar effect.


Card Recipe:

Image & Sentiment: Clearly Besotted
Papers: Pink Petticoat
Cuttlebug embossing folder, MFT Die-namics party banners, Mini Candy dots and gems from my stash.
I've added stickles to his bob-hat which look a bit pink on the photo but they're not really plus some glossy accents to his feet and beak.





Next up is my entry to this month's Uniko Studio Challenge where the theme is Autumn foliage with a photo for inspiration:



To be honest I kept forgetting about this one as I was so intrigued with all the new Christmas release products. It's actually been quite difficult to produce this card and revert back to the Autumn shades having had a taste of the glamour, magic and sparkles of Christmastime!

For some reason these colours tend to make me feel sad - don't know why but I decided a Sympathy card would be good with this foilage blowing around in the breeze.



Card Recipe:

Image: Natural Treasures from Uniko Studio
Sentiment: Pink Petticoat
Twine and pearl gems from my stash


So that's all from me for today but looking forward to seeing what you've all been up to over the day.
See you soon


Sarah

11 comments:

  1. I love your penguin cards, Sarah, and this is my favorite! Thanks for the inspiration and the reminder that I have that EF!! I also love your somber wheat grass card in the colors of autumn. It's perfect for a sympathy card. Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both your cards, the penguin is so cute & what a perfect sympathy card & use of the challenge colours. Thank you so much for joining in on the fun at Uniko Studio :) Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, I like the image and the design, Thank you for joining in with us at Gem of a challenge this week, Good Luck.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards Sarah! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sketch Saturday! ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two gorgeous cards Sarah! I particularly love the little penguin...cute! :)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sarah

    Gosh it's a long time since I shared more than one card on a post!! LOL!!

    Loving both of your creations. I always struggle with sympathy cards .. .. probably because they are made for a sad reason .. .. but yours is just perfect.

    Hope all is good with you and things have settled down after half term!

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super super cute card Sarah, love that embossing
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards Sarah. I love them both but the top one is my fave as I just love that cute CBS penguin! I love how you have done the background too x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sarah-How did I miss these? Beautiful cards-very cute Mr Penguin and the sympathy card is just gorgeous,love how you have made this :)
    Have a lovely weekend-hope you find some crafty time for yourself.Hugs,Nessa xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both such fab cards. Super cute penguin and lovely elegant uniko card. Sorry for the lack of comments lately Sarah life is a bit mental right now

    ReplyDelete
  11. Truly delicious card. It screams fall and your colors are lovely. Thanks for playing with us at Uniko Studio.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.