Wednesday 14 August 2013

CHRISTMAS ON MY SUMMER HOLIDAYS!

I am addicted to card making ... in case you hadn't realised and love all things crafty BUT I have to fess up and hold my hands high in the air as I don't enjoy colouring. I know it's very popular but I don't think I'm very good at it.  I shy away where possible.

Luckily help is at hand as there are so many beautiful pre-coloured images out there.Yippee for me! LOTV's fantastic pre-coloured sketch pads are simply perfect. I waited with baited breath throughout the build-up to their recent release of Christmas goodies and I wasn't disappointed. I adore these little cuties, young, loved up and blissfully happy - just like me!

So couldn't wait to get cracking and here is my first dabble with the new sketchpad. I'm going to enter it to the LOTV Monthly challenge where the theme is 'Make it Festive'. So with all those pressies, mistletoe and snow what else could it be. I think the image stands out well enough on it's own with just a few embellishments.

I'm also going to pop this in at the Papertake Weekly Challenge where the theme is occasion-ally. So Christmas is my occasion as I just love all the magic of the festive season.



Card Recipe:

Image: Lili Of The Valley
Papers: Freebie from Quick Cards Made Easy
Sentiment: Pink Petticoat
Button, Nailheads, Gem and Twine from my stash
Plus - that old glamour dust for added dazzle and a drop of liquid pearls for the mistletoe

7 comments:

  1. This is really gorgeous Sarah I love anything LOTV!! lol huggles hun Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Usually I enjoy colouring, but I have days when I just don't fancy it... and I have lots of the pre-coloured LOTV images (and others) for those times. I also like silhouette stamps and those big statement sentiments, as they don't need any colouring at all lol! Love your card hun, fab layout and the image is very sweet :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Sarah, love the sweet image and fab design.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Sarah(I don't do colouring either!)what a fabby idea pre coloured images are-and what a lovely image this is,soooo very cute!
    Nessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sarah,

    This is such a gorgeous card! Very CAS and yet so effective, I love the border at the bottom, it gives it a lovely finishing touch. I'm really glad you like the new Pads so much! I don't mind colouring myself but sometimes the Art Pads are great to have on hand if I don't have the time.

    Thanks for joining our Lili of the Valley 'Make it Festive' challenge, good luck!

    Hugs Erica x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Sarah, love the sweet image and your festive design. I'm with you on the colouring, not something I enjoy either but sadly has to be done lol! I've just bought some pre-coloured LOTV images and I'm really looking forward to using them soon :) Donna ♥ x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Smashing card and I love red n green still my fav xmas colours, thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly, Karenx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.