Sunday 30 June 2013

OUCH ... SERIOUSLY OUT OF MY COMFORT ZONE!

Me again

Tea is almost ready so need to be quick...

I loved the sketch / layout on CAS(E) this Sketch this week and decided to be clever and combine it with the Allsorts Challenge where the theme is Lavender and Lace.  I thought I can do that and I've got the perfect rubber stamp of lavender! HaHa!

The said rubber stamp has never been used and I must have bought it 3 years ago!  WHY do I hear you ask ... well basically I don't do rubber stamping hence this card is way out of my comfort zone.  I feel I should get into this form of stamping though but the pressure if you slip or it doesn't quite work out right is TOOOOOOOOOO much! I've even hauled out a mini thank you stamp.

Anyway hope you like my attempt to combine lavender and lace and as I've used a load of snippets of ribbon and papers it's going into Pixies Crafty Snippet Challenge.  If you pop over to the Pixie site there's an extra special prize up for grabs BUT there's a catch!  3 snippet cards needed over 2 weeks so this is my second entry - wish me luck.



Card Recipe:

Image: Lavender stamp from Art Impressions - coloured with Marvy Le Plume pens
Papers: Hot off The Press
Sentiment: Mini stamp from my stash
Prima flower, ribbon, brad and spider webbing from my stash
Paper Lace - from my Crafty Aunt

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty! You are well on your way to winning a prize. This is a lovely card...your stamping looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love purple really and love your arrangement using that sketch...lovely lace and all the ribbon on the main images...beautifully done..


    I am joining also the challenge on CASE THIS SKETCH and my card is number 44 if you would like to see it on my blog and I would be glad if you could leave me some love..many thanks before and hugs...Monika :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully crisp and elegant card Sarah.

    Thanks so much joining us at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Sarah - your stamping is great! Love the gentle colours you've used as well - mauve is fast becoming a favourite of mine!

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this Sarah! so clean and simple and perfect too for our Challenge at Allsorts. Very pretty card with a lovely layout. thankyou for joining in Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.